Otterknits: Purls from the River

She knits and reads a lot...and sometimes writes about it!

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Bookworm, beginner-intermediate knitter , Medieval recreationist, former Hawaii resident, & francophile.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Bit the dust

Well, it's been a while, and projects have... changed. My Branching Out scarf has finally bitten the dust. I kept having to tink back to fix mistakes, and I finally got tired of it. At the rate I was going, it would be done in five years. So, I still have most of my cone of Aurora Baby Alpaca in teal. I still need to figure out what to do with it. It's fingering weight (I think), and I have already ripped it out of a Pi shawl (the one that looks like a sunflower), and then Branching Out. Does anybody have any ideas? I want something that's pretty, but won't drive me crazy...

I'm getting close to finishing up Sonnet. I'm almost done with the 2nd sleeve, then I just need to sew it together. I'm doing it in Lion Wool-Ease Worsted, Blue Mist. I'm doing the smallest size, but I'm noticing it will be a leetle bit ...longer than I had anticipated. When the instructions said to check my gauge in my yarn of choice, I had no idea it would...stretch quite so much, lengthwise. What was 5 st/in in my swatch had turned into 3.5 st/in in the sweater, due to the sideways garter stitch construction. I am duly noting this tendency, so that I can fix it if I make another one. Otherwise, it's turning out nicely. I'd rather it be a little long than a little short...

I'm also close to finishing Tempting, also in Wool-Ease, this time in Cranberry. It's off the needles at the moment, because I am in the process of ripping back to the sleeves, since I attached one wrong, and it is messing up my count for the eyelet row. (Yes, I got that far...sigh.)

And last but not least, my two Patons SWS experiments.

The hat is the Baby Cable Ribbed Hat from a free pattern online. It is super easy and goes really fast. I put a button on top, because the final hole at the top was bigger than I preferred. I only need 5 buttons for my Sonnet, so I used the other button from the set. The bag is the famous Sophie Bag, in its pre-felted condition. We'll see how it turns out. It's my first felting project...





'Til then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home